Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Posts I'm loving

On some of these (particularly the first two) you should really check out the comment sections as well. Because seriously. So much awesomeness. And only a small amount of anonymous assholery.
  1. Swistle's Casual Remarks: Brilliant description of how insidious and omnipresent fat bias is.
  2. Jonniker's Headlights Look Like Diamonds: Horrifying tales of rudeness, with many more in the comments.
  3. SoMi Speaks' Grasshopper: Nilsa is pregnant, and that is awesome. Also awesome: the way she broke the news to her mom.
  4. Imperfect's Our Latest DIY Project: Since we're on the topic of babies, Emily just had one, and he is beautiful, and also she kept her pregnancy a secret from her blog readers for nine months and this post is the big reveal. It's amazing.
  5. Rosalicious's Traditional Wedding Stuff We're Shunning and On the Traditional Side...: A lovely explanation of how Rosie and Kevin are designing their wedding to be exactly right for them.

9 comments:

  1. Thanks for the reading list. And for the idea to post links if I can't think of a post to write, ha! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loving all of these links... and added a few new blogs to my list!

    ReplyDelete
  3. All of those posts were great to read, thanks for the links!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awww, thanks for the linkin' love :)

    The first post people will see is that fabulous cake! Ha ha!

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh my god jonna's post.. OH MY GOD OH MY GOD. and the other stories! i hope people just keep adding to the comments, the stories are *delicious*!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh hi! Wow, you're so kind. I wish I could take credit for the idea of how to break it to my mom ... but, I saw it on the internet. Nevertheless, she didn't know what hit her and that's what counts!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Swistle's post was incredible, and heart-breaking.

    My mother was always a very small woman - five feet one, and about 105, 110 lbs. But I can't remember her ever discussing weight in a negative way, or food for that matter. She was simply a very active person - who liked pizza.

    Still, somehow I grew up (I'm ashamed to say) thinking that whenever I gained a few lbs (sometimes I still feel that way - more shame) it was TERRIBLE, because being thin meant being beautiful.

    It's taken me a long time to realize how wrong that thought process is, and how sickening it is that SO MANY people are ignorant...and happy to be that way.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I loved both Swis' and Jonniker's posts you linked to as well. The comments, as you said, are incredible on both!

    ReplyDelete