Monday, September 22, 2008

Bloggy Bridal Shower: The Recap

You guys, I don't even know what to say about the amazing bloggy bridal shower that you all created for me yesterday. Seriously. I am so overwhelmed.

First of all, I have to give huge thanks to Alice, Pseudostoops, and Swistle for organizing all this. You guys are the best. When I let Swistle take over my blog for a day, I had an inkling that it might be something wedding-related, but I never would have expected this.

For one thing, the recipe box! First of all, the box itself was beautiful. As in, I didn't even know it was possible for a recipe box to BE that beautiful, and I now need everything else in my life to be designed to match:


Second of all, the sheer number of recipes INSIDE the box was totally beyond belief:



And there were so many greeting cards with the sweetest personal messages from a lot of you:


Notice how many of those cards are purple. And that two people got me the same card--how cute is that? Also, I was impressed at how many of the recipe cards were purple. Clearly, you guys know me well.

And then, of course, there was the small matter of the shower itself--hosted by Alice, used as a vehicle to present me all this stuff and get some of my real-life friends together for an actual little shower. Very cleverly disguised as just a regular dinner with Alice, and then a cluster of friends gathered in the kitchen, poised to yell, "Surprise!" when we walked in. There was a veil attached to a purple tiara. And cupcakes with our names on them. And champagne with cassis liqueur (purple!) for a toast. And great music and great company and the beautiful cards and gift from all of you. And two cute cats.

Of course, I wasn't prepared with my camera, but luckily Alice took care of that. You can see the pictures over here.

And then we got home, and I went online only to discover a whole plethora of posts from around the blogosphere, sending Torsten and me happy wishes for our wedding. Seriously, the icing on the incredibly touching cake. You guys are the best. I never would have thought when I started a blog that it would ever lead to something like this, so many people, most of whom I've never met, conspiring to put together such a lovely and meaningful surprise for us. I know I've said this before, but it absolutely bears repeating: You guys are the best EVER. Thank you so much.

28 comments:

  1. Aww... that is so neat!!! I didn't see the post to join in until it was too late, but you do have some great friends! (In the blogosphere and in real life!!) :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you liked it!!! Alice, Swistle and Pseudostoops really did a great job of pulling all this together. And you totally deserve it!!

    Wishing you all the best!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness! What an amazing time - you must feel so loved = ) Hope that feeling lasts all week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. yay! i'm glad you had a good time :-) the box is so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Somehow I missed the hoopla, but I think it is so awesome that they did this for you! You and Torsten deserve the very best.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yay!! I am so excited that it all worked out and was a surprise. Happy Day! (My favorite thing is the cassis-purple champagne. Very well done, hostesses!)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love that recipe box! I hope youhad a great time.

    You and Torsten are SO CUTE in those pictures! SO! CUTE!

    ReplyDelete
  8. looks like it was a fabulous time. im happy for you and tortsen!

    ReplyDelete
  9. So glad you got your shower ... and then some. :-) It was great fun participating, though I'm sorry I was unable to write a tribute on my blog. Know I'm thinking of ya and can't wait to read what others have said!

    ReplyDelete
  10. hee, i see you didn't go the "never mention it and see how that goes over" route ;-)

    i'm so glad everything came together so well! the internets really are a special place. i feel like blogs do a really good job of weeding out the creeps and gathering together just the fantastic people.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm so glad you enjoyed it because it was FUN being a part of the super secret surprise! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. We love you! We are so happy for you! Spread the love, sister.

    (also, I seem to have screwed up my post for you, but I am fixing it right now.)

    ReplyDelete
  13. You're welcome, sweetie! So glad it all came together and you enjoyed it.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Totally pumped for you guys Jess. Only like six mmore weeks or something to the big day eh?

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is so sweet. They did a fabulous job. If I could I would have sent you a corgi puppy or at least Edie for a few hours :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Yay! So glad that you were surprised and that it worked out so well!! I am so happy for the two of you, and I hope you liked my recipe!!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Aw, that is awesome! I wish I wouldn't have missed this post - I am a recipe queen! What amazing bloggy friends you have :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. that is so wonderful! i wish i could have been a part of it! maybe i'll send you a recipe of my own soon :)

    best wishes to you and torsten!

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  19. It was so fun! And I'm glad I didn't ruin the surprise! I am not much good with teh secrets!

    ReplyDelete
  20. How awesome! It looked like an amazing time. And you and Torsten look so happy! Congrats. :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hi Jess,

    I don't believe you know me, but I had heard about this through Swistle. I meant to participate, but alas... was slow on the up-take and also didn't come online this past weekend and therefore didn't get the notice that yesterday was the shower. Epic Fail? I think so.

    So I thought I'd just leave you a message here anyway...

    I just want to wish you all the very best for your upcoming wedding and marriage. I've read back through a bit of your blog to get a sense of who you are (um, purple is my FAVOURITE too!) and I can tell you are loving and have a wonderful personality. I think you're going to make an amazing wife, and that you're going to be incredibly happy for all the rest of your days.

    All the very best, sorry I didn't make it for the Real Deal!

    A De-Lurker,
    Stephanie

    ReplyDelete
  22. Oh, I am so sad that I've been so MIA in the blog world that I missed out on all this!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Wow that is amazing. I love the recipe box and saw all your good wishes online. Very sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Neat! it sounds like you had lots of fun :)

    ReplyDelete
  25. Hi, I've stumbled here through an intricate series of mouse clicks from a friend's blog. What a lovely example of the warmth and friendship to be found within the blogging community.

    Congrats on your big day!

    EW

    ReplyDelete
  26. Wow! That recipe box looks really great and all those purple cards! I'm glad you guys were surprised and touched all at once. Sorry I didn't get a post up since we were away that weekend and you know how regularly I post anyway. HOWEVER, I really do wish you guys the very best and hope that your wedding day is everything you're hoping it will be. :)

    ReplyDelete