Wednesday, November 28, 2007

DCBlogs Photography Contest

DC Blogs is having a photography contest with a theme: "What Inspires You?" Each person can have two entries, so here are mine. They have a common theme--both DC structures in detail, colored and lit and three-dimensional, against the September sky.



I moved to this city because I loved it, and I still do. I think it's beautiful, and I love that it isn't towering and enclosed like New York. I love that you can see the sky from anywhere, that the city incorporates nature, that there are so many majestic structures here. I love the museums and I love the colourful buildings in neighbourhoods like Dupont Circle and Adams Morgan. I love the big, fancy, national buildings and I love the little clumps of older buildings.

If we ever move away from DC, I'll miss the architecture for sure. There's something about those buildings and the way they occupy their space that really gets to me, in a good way.

13 comments:

  1. ooooh i love the way you caught the curve and shadow of that building!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great photos!

    You are one very talented woman - writing, photography, not being crazy like me, etc!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Jess! I emailed you back, I hope you get it this time, but let me know if you don't!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love LOVE DC and, if I ever left NYC, that and Boston are the only two cities I would consider.

    ReplyDelete
  5. oooh lovely photos! hmm.. maybe i'll submit one? although what on earth would i use... merde..

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the first photo. What a gorgeous piece of building!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, great photos. My, oh, my how I miss DC. I really love that city, too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. These are lovely entries. Thanks so much for entering the contest!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You hit the nail on the head--the best thing about DC is how OPEN it feels.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Those photos are so great, I can TASTE them.

    ReplyDelete