Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Passings

Jerry Falwell died today. I don't really have much to say about him, since it's not exactly like I admired him, but it is a little weird to think that he's dead. I'm so used to hearing about him that he was sort of like an ageless person to me and I vaguely assumed that he would just sort of be around forever.

American Idol is on tonight. I am trying to prepare Torsten for the fact that Blake is going to be voted off tomorrow night (at least that's what 63% of respondents to the Washington Post poll think), but Blake is his favourite and he simply won't accept it. I suppose Blake could have some kind of breakout performance tonight and change everything, but it seems unlikely.

If you measure your life in weekly distance, this last week seemed like it took forever to go by. It feels like years since I last saw House or American Idol. And yet this weekend was much more peaceful and uneventful than the last. Maybe that's why everything seems slow. I like it, though.

As a side note, my blog traffic has spiked recently due to a slew of Google searches for information about Yannick Noah's ex-wife (mentioned in this old post of mine). I can't quite figure out why everyone is suddenly very interested in this. The NBA draft hasn't started yet, and I haven't heard of Yannick Noah doing anything special recently. Maybe my blog only just rose to the first position on Google's results list, and the spike is due to everyone pressing the "I'm Feeling Lucky" button. But does anyone actually use that button?

No comments:

Post a Comment