Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Mid-May recap

So, we're three weeks into May and already it's been a crazy month for me. Some highlights:
  • Torsten had surgery
  • Torsten had emergency followup surgery in the middle of the night
  • My family started having some complicated issues that are still ongoing
  • Torsten and I woke up in the middle of the night to find water pouring from the ceiling of his bathroom directly into his toilet
  • There was a big round of layoffs at work, which I had never experienced before (I was not laid off, but some people I work closely with were)
  • I had my first-ever annual performance review at work (it went well)
  • Torsten and I merged finances (this is serious, for real)
  • Torsten's apartment got put on the market so that he can move in with me
  • My mentee won an unexpected $8,000 scholarship
  • I have jury duty for the first time ever (it's tomorrow, so I can't tell you how it went yet)
May is also the one-year anniversary of my college graduation, my move to DC, and the start of my first real, full-time job.

I choose to assume that I have now met my quota of stressful events for the month and that the next week will be peaceful and relaxed.

No comments:

Post a Comment