Well. Except. Here's what spring has meant for us so far:
- Carefully watering our newly-planted wildflower garden twice each day only to watch grass and weeds grow. So far, no wildflowers.
- Mud. Everywhere. In our house and our car and on our dog and our patio. Luckily we got those rubber all-weather floor mats for our car.
- Houses for sale! Several of them on our street alone. Two of them sold in the past few weeks and we were relieved, but then two more went on the market. Oh, well.
- Going to a Rockies game and seeing them come back from a 6-0 first-inning deficit to score 11 runs... and then lose anyway.
- Seeing all these adorable spring fashions that I would love to purchase in my new smaller size, but not buying anything because it's not in the budget and I don't really need much other than jeans and basic tops.
- Watching the dog chase flies and occasionally catch one and then chew it to bits, disgustingly, wagging her tail all the while.