Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Feeling groovy

THIS was worth missing Dooce for:




This morning I have a three-hour consultation scheduled with the surgeon's office. I've figured out a bit more about the insurance situation--there was some confusion with my insurance network because my insurance company isn't known here in Colorado, so people think they don't take it when actually they do. It turns out that either the surgery would be covered at 100% or it won't be covered at all. Which is actually logistically easier and a relief, because it means that if I do have the surgery, I don't have to worry about finding one surgeon who's in-network and another who offers a reasonable self-pay option.

The appointment will include a meeting with the surgeon (who also conducted the seminar last week), a meeting with a psychologist (or maybe it's a psychiatrist?), a meeting with a nutritionist, and a meeting with the insurance coordinator for the surgeon's office. It should be, if nothing else, very informative, and it will be good to have a one-on-one conversation with the surgeon about my particular situation and what's best for me.

It's been a good start to the week. I feel good. I'm excited about the house, and feeling good about the surgery thing, and the dog isn't sick anymore, and it's been sunny and nice out, and we're both feeling very settled in Denver. It feels like ages since we were living in DC, and neither of us misses it. It's just so right here. It's such a good fit.

Oh, and also? In case I haven't mentioned it yet? GO UNC.

10 comments:

  1. Here in Chicago, the sky is amazingly Carolina Blue. Woo hoo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. YES! How AWESOME was that game?? I had tears in my eyes at the end of the game. I am so proud of them! You should have seen the footage of Franklin St last night. CRAZY.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Here's hoping that it's totally covered. Woohoo!

    ReplyDelete
  4. GL! Can't wait to hear how everything goes!

    ReplyDelete
  5. there are some HAPPY HAPPY people here at work today! i can only imagine how thrilling this is for you!! :-) congrats!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Damn, I was hoping you went to Dooce because I was too lazy to go. But the basketball game did sound exciting - they even covered it on NPR, which is unusual for NPR.

    As much of a PITA it is to find insurance coverage, DO IT if it really means savings. I mean, find the best surgeon too, but bonus if you don't have to pay thousands to, you know, be healthier.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Girl, seriously, what a game. I mean, I know they ran away with it from the first minute, but it was still great to watch and feel the win. Go Heels! And good luck with your consultation. I hope it goes well :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I was thinking of you when I saw the results of the game.

    Good luck with the consultation. I hope it is informative and not frustrating or confusing!

    Take care!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Good luck! I'm so excited for you :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. A THREE-HOUR consultation? Woah. Hope it all turns out promising!

    ReplyDelete