Thursday, June 14, 2007

Bigfoot

My office building had its annual summer BBQ today, and as I was standing in line with a few of my coworkers, I complimented the shoes of a particularly petite female coworker of mine.

"Thanks," she answered. "You can borrow them whenever you like."

I stared at her tiny feet and asked what size shoe she wore. The response was about what I expected: seven and a half.

I told her that I appreciated her offer but that I was fairly certain that her miniature shoes were not going to fit on my size-eleven feet.

"You wear a size eleven?!" she exclaimed in shock. "You would never guess that from looking at your feet!"

A whole bunch of my tiny-footed, female coworkers gathered around, assessing my feet. The result was a consensusnobody would ever look at my feet and assume they were big enough to merit size eleven shoes.

For the first time in my life, I feel smug about my feet.

No comments:

Post a Comment