- A friend of ours who has been trying to get pregnant for over 2.5 years found out a few weeks ago that she is pregnant via IVF. Needless to say, she and her husband are over the moon. They have their first ultrasound today to look for cardiac activity. I am keeping everything crossed that they see a nice strong heartbeat, but I figured I'd put it out there so you guys could add some extra good vibes, if you are so inclined.
- I had no idea that Donald Trump was so crazy and also so dumb. Maybe I've been deliberately keeping myself in the dark, but the things he's said publicly in the last few weeks? Beyond horrifying. And let's not even get started on the whole sending-detectives-to-Hawaii thing. I have so much to say about that but my head explodes every time I start to think about it.
- Callum will be three months old in a few days, and he's started getting a lot more interactive and interested in his toys. I said to Torsten that I wondered if we should find more varied ways of entertaining him, and he responded, "Like what? Hire a clown?" I guess it's a valid point. He spends a lot of time in his activity mat, and he also has a bouncy seat and a swing, and we read to him and sing to him and play with toys with him, and I guess that's already a lot. Maybe we should at least switch out the toys on his activity mat occasionally?
- We had friends in town a couple weeks ago, and it was so lovely. I'm glad that some things haven't changed: we still enjoy being social and hosting friends at our house. It was so lovely to have lots of time to catch up and introduce them to the baby. And it was a good excuse to get out and do some local exploring (Red Rocks and Boulder). And, they gave me an awesome birthday present. Fantastic time all around.
- Twice in the past week we've gone out and forgotten the diaper bag. Once we had to go back and get it because we knew Callum would be hungry before we were done. The other time I managed to get him to fall asleep in the Ergo and it ended up not being a big deal. Both times I wished very bitterly that I didn't have such a useless low milk supply.
- I still don't fit into my pre-pregnancy jeans. I know, nine months on, nine months off, but it's pissing me off. I lost a bunch of weight right at the start and then I plateaued completely. I'm getting a fill in my lap-band tomorrow, though, so hopefully that will kick-start things. I can only hope, because in the meantime I'm wearing jeans in a size up, and they're too big, and I'm sick of that.
- Callum is still really, really cute.
New Recipe: Greek Penne Pasta - This recipe sounded delicious to me when I came across it, and it turned out that it was. Also, I've reached the point with cooking where I can make a few ...
7 years ago