- Go to Goodwill. Specifically, one near a Target store, since Goodwill has a relationship with Target and gets their clearance goods that didn't sell and are still brand new with the tags on. Goodwill seems like the kind of store, if any, that could fit in our budget at the moment. I've been meaning to go there for months. But it hasn't happened.
- Get my hair cut. Except I still can't decide if I want to just trim it or if I want to hack it all off. And also, haircuts are expensive so I try to force as much distance between them as possible. And my hair hasn't really hit that "shaggy" stage yet, so I'm holding off. Maybe by the time it's gotten shaggy, I'll know what I want to do with it.
- Get some quotes for house repairs. Specifically, I want to know how much it would cost to repair the siding on our house vs. replacing it with brick, and I want to know how much it would cost to replace all the windows in the house. Not that we can afford either of these things in the near future, but I like to have savings and budgeting goals, and it would help me figure out how realistic it would be to do either of those things, next year or ever, if I knew how much they would actually cost.
- Find a dermatologist. Torsten and I both want to get our moles checked just to make sure there is nothing suspicious or worrying. I don't have a ton, and as far as I can tell they are all normal, but I am certainly not an expert, and skin cancer is something I would rather avoid.
- Make a quilt. I used to do this regularly, but I haven't done it for a long time, but for the last few months I've been itching to do it again. I'm not sure if I actually will, though--fabric isn't always cheap, and it takes a lot of time, and really, what would I do with it? Just stick it in the linen closet with my other quilts, most likely. And what's the point of that?
- Find something to hang from the hook on the ceiling of our back patio. We had a hanging plant there last year, but it died. We were thinking maybe a bird feeder would be better, but with the dog hanging out in the yard, is there a chance in hell that birds will actually come? I have no idea.
New Recipe: Greek Penne Pasta - This recipe sounded delicious to me when I came across it, and it turned out that it was. Also, I've reached the point with cooking where I can make a few ...
7 years ago