So, Torsten was Skyping with his parents yesterday about their trip, and they were asking reasonable questions about what to bring, because they can only have one suitcase each without paying baggage fees. Their reasonable questions were things like, "Will it be warm all the time or should we pack long sleeves?" They've never been to Denver, so this question makes sense.
But then. THEN. THEN we moved on to the UNreasonable questions. And this is where I thank god for Twitter, because after laughing hysterically when Torsten told me about the questions, I posted them to Twitter and got to laugh even more hysterically when I saw some of your suggested responses. Really, they were all hilarious, and I will repeat a few of them here so we can all appreciate your comedic genius. I am not kidding when I say I literally laughed until I cried. Seriously, there were tears rolling down my face.
First they asked, "Do you have towels?"
Some suggested responses, from the brilliance of Twitter:
- "Tell them that you and Torsten really like to go streaking through the yard on a hot summer day, but they can bring their own." (from Jonniker)
- "Just tell them that you don't bathe at all and never thought of getting any." (from Eleanor)
- "Yes, three. One for me. One for Jess. And one for Montana. You had best bring your own." (from Nilsa)
And more brilliant Twitter responses:
- "Tell them they will also need to bring their own airport, since you don't have one there." (from Swistle)
- "Tell them to pack toilet paper unless they like the jiggle & drip method. Or leaves. That's just how outdoorsy CO people do it." (from kakaty)
- "No, we sleep in sleeping bags on the floor. Don't worry, we've got some for you. Who needs beds when you've got shag carpets?" (from Nilsa)
Again, Twitter came through for me:
- "Only if you take her mattress and towel away. She doesn't like that." (from Sarah)
- "Do they think you live in a shack in the remote wilderness like crazy hermits?" (from Erica)
- "'How was trip?' 'GREAT! They had PANS!! And TOILET PAPER! And the dog only bit us FOUR TIMES!'" (from Swistle)
So anyway, let's keep the hilarity going! Any more awesome suggestions for responses to these questions? Because seriously, the more, the better!