- Plans for dinner with two different sets of lovely local friends this weekend. So excited about this.
- The cheerful row of yellow and red tulips in full bloom in our front yard right now.
- The weather--sunny and warm--even though I know it's not going to last and this weekend is supposed to be fairly gross, weather-wise.
- My new clothes. All of mine were too big so we waited in line for a sale for the first time in our lives and got 50% off at Old Navy (given to the first 50 customers at their Stuff and Save sale last week). Now I have a nice new set of jeans and basic tops, in what feels like a very small size (relatively speaking). And it was very affordable.
- Torsten's company. He is doing amazing work, developing great relationships with potential future clients, and laying the groundwork for an awesome marketing campaign. And the best thing, in my opinion, is how happy he is. As soon as he quit his job all the stress and negativity just melted away. He is working only a little bit more than the insane hours he was already working for his last job, but he is so much more relaxed. He is enthusiastic about every aspect of this company, and is totally cutting-edge with the technologies he discovers and the partnerships he forms. Even if this company never makes him the money he was earning in his past job--though that seems pretty unlikely to me--it will be worth it just to see how much happier he is.
- Seeing my cycle continue to be normal. I'm on my fourth month of charting and everything is proceeding without any red flags or causes for concern. Of course this doesn't mean there isn't something going on that isn't detectable through charting, but it still makes me feel so much better about my health and my body, just seeing that my cycles are so regular.
- The fact that I leave for France in two weeks. Seriously! That is so soon.
- The Rockies! Torsten went to a business networking event and won two club tickets to an upcoming game in a business card raffle. So cool! We have been wanting to go to a Rockies game but thinking we really shouldn't spend the money. Heart!
- Watching Torsten with Montana. He is so cute how he talks to her and plays with her. It kills me every single time.
New Recipe: Greek Penne Pasta - This recipe sounded delicious to me when I came across it, and it turned out that it was. Also, I've reached the point with cooking where I can make a few ...
7 years ago