No? I'm the only one? Well, whatever.
My point is, that's how I feel about this week and the dog. Like I've been counting down to it every day, and last night I couldn't even SLEEP I was so excited, and really, how can I talk, or think, about anything else? Because OMG DOGGIE DOGGIE DOGGIE.
As I've mentioned, we're meeting two dogs, but we are definitely leaning toward one. They both have names already; if we get the dog we're leaning toward, we'll keep her name, but if we get the other one, we'll change it, although we haven't talked about to what yet. But her name is not that nice for a dog, and also sounds similar to my name, so if we get her, it will have to go. For now (in the interest of... protecting their privacy? Or something?), I will not reveal the names. If we get one of the dogs, I'll tell you her name tomorrow.
But, here are the two dogs. I've posted pictures of them before, but really, you can't do that too many times, can you? And this time I've added summaries of their website descriptions. They both sound amazing and I KNOW it's going to be tragically sad that we can't bring them both home.
- 3 years old, yellow Lab mix, approximately 50 pounds
- Mellow and smart
- Loves attention, good companion for just about anyone
- Loves outdoors but is sometimes distracted by rabbits
- Gets along with other dogs really well
- No interest in toys or balls at all; likes people, training, and naps
- 3 years old, "absolutely gorgeous" yellow Labrador Retriever, approximately 60 pounds
- Extremely well trained
- Was considered for assistance dog work but was disqualified due to love of chasing cats
- Good family pet
- Can be picky about her dog "friends"
- Active dog looking for an active family