1. I wanted a digital picture frame. I didn't know that until I opened the one that Torsten gave me, and surprised myself with my own incredible excitement. Really. Digital picture frames, as long as they're good quality, are really awesome. Everyone likes them. They're the perfect gift.
2. I don't think Torsten will ever get sick of goats. That was the theme of his stocking--there was a children's book about a goat, a t-shirt with a picture of a goat on it, a goat calendar, and a couple of goat photos. He loved them all. I really don't think he could ever get too much of goats. But only time will tell.
3. When you think traffic will be light (as in the ride down to NC on Tuesday), it will be heavy (seven hours). When you think it will be heavy (as in the ride back to DC yesterday), it will often (but unfortunately not always) be light (four hours). This is sometimes very frustrating and sometimes utterly delightful.
4. I really like giving gifts. I mean, obviously I like getting them too, but I was just so excited to watch everyone open the stuff I had picked out for them, and so eager to know if they liked it. Perhaps this means I'm grown up? Or maybe it's just a phase.
5. I want babies. OK, I already knew that, but spending time with two absolutely adorable kids over the weekend just reminded me further. Bonus points if they have red curly hair. Which is a distinct possibility with our kids.
6. I really want to watch Home Alone. I haven't seen it since I was so young that the robbers scared me, and I want to watch it again now that I'm old enough not to tremble every time they appear.
7. Celebrating holidays quietly with small groups of people you care about is the way to go. In that vein, we are having just one couple (plus baby) over for dinner on New Year's Eve. We've planned most of the menu, but we need one more appetizer type thing that can be nibbled on over the course of the evening. Any thoughts on this? And also, is there a New Year's show on TV that's better than the others?
New Recipe: Greek Penne Pasta - This recipe sounded delicious to me when I came across it, and it turned out that it was. Also, I've reached the point with cooking where I can make a few ...
5 years ago