Wednesday, August 29, 2007

I am a brilliant master chef.

Okay, maybe I'm not actually the next Wolfgang Puck. But the meal last night turned out really well. It was one of the best WW recipes we've tried--the chicken was moist and tender, the sauce was flavourful and smooth, the gnocchi--while not the most visually appealing dish I've ever seen--was perfectly cooked and tasty. It was not, for the record, really gnocchi, since it did not contain any potatoes. It was more like little floury dumplings made out of bread crumbs, ricotta, Parmesan, baby spinach, and of course, flour. And the two dishes went together really well. Torsten's parents complimented the meal several times and cleaned their plates. Then Torsten served raspberries with melted chocolate--alternative fondue, basically. And espresso. We are so classy.

But seriously. The meal was so good that I am looking forward to my lunch of leftovers. And we will definitely be cooking it again in the future, just for ourselves. So that little gamble paid off.
Although it was definitely stressful--I do not think I will be taking similar such risks very often in the future.

And thank you guys for all your supportive comments on my last post. Next time I attempt to do something that has a high likelihood of turning out disastrously, I will make sure to post about it here first so that you can all tell me how well it's going to go.

4 comments:

  1. YUMMY! I love when I actually look forward to lunch leftovers.

    I clearly need to incorporate some excitement into my life! Good grief.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice work Jess! And you even did it with healthy food! Very impressive. I'm sure they loved you just because you're you, but a nice meal in their tummies never hurts! Now go eat some left overs.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You guys are so supportive. Thanks!

    P.S. The leftovers were great.

    ReplyDelete