Wednesday, July 18, 2007

My day for promoting others

So as I was posting the link in my last post, I was thinking that really what I should be doing is finding other young, DC bloggers to read. Because what I've discovered since starting my own blog at the beginning of this year is that I really love blogs. They are amazing, brilliant inventions. So I found a fun website called DC Blogs, and from there I found a great blog (which you will now also notice in my links column) called Total Waste of Makeup. And from there I've already found several more great local blogs. It's all so interconnected, it's almost like they weren't kidding when they named this thing the web.

Anyway, I'm now on an expanded hunt for new reading material, preferably by people like me (because who doesn't like to read about other people doing what they're doing? Honestly, is there anything more interesting than displaced egoism?) and if I'm successful, I may have to stop this new kick I'm on where I post about every new link I add. Because otherwise this blog could very quickly turn into nothing more than a lovely ad for other people's blogs. And we wouldn't want that. Right? It's already starting to happen, really: today is the first time I have ever made three posts in one day. And it isn't even noon yet.

1 comment:

  1. thanks for the shout out! I adore all the blogs on my dc blogroll especially - you've already found attention span of a fly, but a few other standouts are what? the curtains, average jane, arjewtino, and speakeasy. anyway, welcome aboard! :-)

    ReplyDelete