Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Lifelong love

The reason I posted on Monday about MyDeathSpace.com (aside from the fact that I found it generally interesting) was that I felt that it was time for a blog post, but I didn't want to write about anything personal. The reason that I didn't want to write anything personal was because I had big news, but I wasn't ready to post it on my blog because I wanted to tell some people individually first.

The big news is that Torsten and I are engaged.

I knew it was coming, but I didn't know when or how. But we rented a mountain cabin in Luray, Virginia over the weekend, and both took Friday off. And on Saturday we were driving along Skyline Drive and stopped to take a short hike up a mountain to a small cliff:



We were there by ourselves (except for the faint noises of some rock climbers who were hanging from the other side of the cliff) and I was sitting on a rock and Torsten was standing next to me and then he asked me to marry him and gave me a gorgeous diamond ring. It was very sweet and romantic and simple, exactly the way I would have chosen it to be. And then we were very happy:


And of course we are still very happy. I am certain that I will always be happy as long as I am with him. He is the most amazing person I have ever met and I am astounded by my own sheer luck to have found him. I have never been as certain of anything as I am of the fact that I want to be with him for the rest of my life.

1 comment: